OnePlus One is one of the best smartphone of the year. It comes with CyanogenMod 11S which is based on Android 4.4 KitKat. If you are one of the lucky people who have the OnePlus One but like stock android more and want to try latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat on your device, well then OnePlus is not gonna make you upset. The company has released official Android 4.4.4 AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based rom for the OnePlus One which you can install right now.
– Warranty info: Doing this does not void your warranty. If you brick your phone,however, you’re on your own. We (OnePlus) will repair it, but that’s not covered in warranty.
– Please don’t use toolkits.
Learning how this works is good for you.
– Gyroscope may not work for all devices
– Encryption features and VPN do not work
There may be more – with the help of you, our bleeding-edge users, we’ll be able to improve this product until it’s 100% stable and beyond.
Download: OnePlus One ASOP ROM
Source Code: OnePlus One Github
Gapps: Google Apps
1. Place the downloaded ROM and Gapps somewhere easily accessible on your phone
2. Unlock bootloader and acquire custom recovery from here
3. Reboot to recovery (power off, then power + volume down until it vibrates)
4. Wipe your device (including cache & dalvik)
5. Flash the ROM and Gapps. Zip files
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Official AOSP ROM on your OnePlus One.