Samsung Galaxy Grand and Grand Duos both are launched a few days ago. They are a budget phablet offering by Samsung which is a good device indeed. Though the Screen is not AMOLED it is good for movies and games. And the Camera is 1080p recording capable which is also a add on to is specs. If you are one of the people who has the Galaxy Grand and want to root it, so don’t worry we are here to rescue. Here you’ll be guided How to root Galaxy Grand and Grand Duos. That’s not all there is How to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Grand. So let’s get started
How to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Grand
Requirements :- USB Drivers installed on PC if not get it here, CWM Touch Recovery, Odin, Basic knowledge of Clockworkmod recovery
1. Download the recovery from requirements and transfer it to any folder in your PC
2. Download Odin 3 from requirements
3. Now turn of your Galaxy Grand and press Vol down + Power + Home button all three at the same time and release it when you see GT-i9082 logo
4. Press vol up to confirm now your phone is Odin mode
5. Now open Odin3 3.04 that you have downloaded
6. Now connect your device via usb cable which is in odin mode (If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it is usually updates) you should get a message “Added”
7. Extract the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip downloaded from requirements
8. In Odin select PDA and browse to where you have extracteded CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 and select the extracted file
9. Click Start
Its done you have successfully installed CWM touch recovery..!!
NOTE:- If any one is getting md5 hash value failed while flashing rename “CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 to “”CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar” (remove the .md5) and then flash it
ROOTING THE Samsung Galaxy Grand / Grand Duos
Requirements :- UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.05.zip, Basic knowledge of Rooting
1. Download SuperSu from requirements
2. Copy that to externel SDcard (NOT to INTERNAL)
3. Power off your device and press and get into CWM recovery by pressing Vol up + Power + Home button (all three at once)
4. Select install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard
5. Now scroll down and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.05.zip
Your device is Rooted..!!!
This method is originally posted by chotu222 on XDA here
Stay connected for more updates.