Yes you can change the Android version displayed in the About phone to 4.1, 4.2, 5.0 or SKYTECH v1.0 whatever you want
Note:- This will not upgrade your device. It’s just a trick to fool people.
Requirements:- A rooted Android device, Root explorer & patience
- Best Coke and Popcorn Alternatives of 2019
- How to Get Hotstar Premium Account Free
- Best Anime Streaming Sites
- Most Funny WiFi Name
So let’s Start..!! (Video Tutorial)
1. Start the Root Explorer app.
2. Go to System folder its in the root if the device
3. Make sure that System is in Read/Write from the top right corner.
4. Look for a file named build.prop in system folder.
5. Long press it for Options and then choose Text editor.
7. Search the line as followed ro.build.version.release and then change the text after = sign to whatever you like your Android version to be displayed.
8. Press back and hit Save.
9. Exit the app and Reboot or simply Power off and on it.
That’s it…its done now check the edited version in Settings>About phone> Android version
To get back to the original:- Just delete the build.prop and rename the build.prop.bak again to build.prop and reboot 😉
Suggestions, get some cool Launchers and Themes from play store and make your friends believe it… 😉
Wasn’t that easy?? Share the Screen shots of the Android version on your phone with us on Facebook
Subscribe us on YouTube for video tutorials…!! Bookmark us
Stay connected 😉