Nothing is impossible when you have Android in hand. You can change the Model number displayed in the About phone to Galaxy S4 or iPhone 6 or whatever you want
Note:- This will not upgrade your device. It’s just a trick to fool people.
Requirements:- A rooted Android device, Root explorer & patience
So let’s Start..!!
1. Start the Root Explorer app.
2. Go to System folder its in the root if the device
3. Make sure that System is in Read/Write from the top right
4. Look for a file named
build.prop in system folder.
5. Long press it for Options and then choose Text editor.
7. Search the line as followed ro.product.model= and then change the text after = sign to whatever you like your Model number to be displayed.
8. Press back and hit Save.
9. Exit the app and Reboot or simply Power off and on it.
That’s it…its done now check the edited name in Settings>About phone> Model number
To get back to the original:- Just delete the build.prop and rename the build.prop.bak again to build.prop and reboot 😉
Wasn’t that easy?? Share the Screen shots of the Android version on your phone with us on Facebook
Subscribe us on YouTube for video tutorials…!! Bookmark us
Stay connected 😉