HTC recently launched the all new HTC One M8. It packs a 5.2 inch Full HD 1080p display. A new design and material making it more premium. There’s a Duo Camera that improve your photos with better depth of field. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0 on top. But not every one likes HTC Sense. So at the launch the taiwanese company also announced a Google Play Edition (GPE) HTC One. But GPE HTC is priced a bit higher. So to make your regular HTC One M8 a Google Play Edition device Graffixnyc a developer at XDA made a simple guide to install Google Play Edition rom on HTC One M8.
Note:- Your HTC One M8 must be bootloader unlocked and has a custom recovery. Developer recommend Philz’s touch recovery installed on your phone.
1. Download the GPE Rom from here or here and transfer the Google Play Edition Rom to your HTC One M8
2. Switch Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3. Do a full wipe if you have another rom installed (Skip this step it you are on HTC Sense)
4. Select Install/Flash GPE zip from SD card.
5. Select the downloaded rom to install.
6. If recovery tells you something about the rom wanting to flash a recovery and asks if you want to disable it select NO. that file is needed for supersu to initialize on boot if youdisable it you will not have root access
Now your HTC One M8 will boot with a GPE rom installed on it. Enjoy a Stock Android experience on your device.