Micromax recently launched the Canvas 2 Colors A120. The Canvas 2 Colors A120 which comes with a 5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6582 quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. On the photography front, it has an 8-megapixel rear camera with auto-focus and flash, and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, with support for HD recording through primary camera. The phone comes with colourful back panels bundled inside the box. The phone runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and is promised to get Android 4.4 KitKat update very soon. The can now be rooted and there is even a clockworkmod recovery for it. So here we have it a simple method to root Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120 and also flash Clockworkmod recovery on it.
Instructions for Rooting Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120
1. Download and Install Framaroot-1.9.2.apk on your phone.
2. Open Framaroot app and Select Install SuperSU
3. Click on Boromir
Now once your phone is booted up go to menu and there you’ll see a SuperSU app, Viola! This means your phone is successfuly rooted. Now proceed for installing clockworkmod recovery.
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120 (without PC)
1. Download and install Mobile uncle tools from Google play store or from here.
2. Download recovery.img from here and transfer it to your SD Card.
3. Start the MobileUncle tools app
4. Now select update recovery option & choose the recovery.img that you have transferred to your SDcard
5. This will flash CWM (Clockworkmod) recovery.
6. After the flashing ends your phone will reboot in recovery
And there you have it a rooted Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120 with clockworkmod recovery installed. Enjoy!