Micromax Unite 2 A106 one of the few smartphone running Android 4.4 KitKat has finally received rooting treatment. Micromax Unite 2 A106 has a 4.7 inch display with IPS technology and WVGA resolution. It is powered by a 1.3 GHz MediaTek quad-core processor. It has a 5-megapixel autofocus rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel fixed focus front-facing camera. Overall a decent value for money phone by Micromax. Sudeep Duhoon over at XDA Developers has finally found out a way to successfully Root the Micromax Unite 2 A106 and also created a custom recovery for the device.
Tip:- Developer suggests you to backup your phones stock rom with read back technique. And make sure you know basic things related to rooting.
1. Download and Install MTK VCOM drivers on your PC.
2. Download and copy SuperSU v1.99r3.zip to your memory card.
3. Download this CTR v2.2 Recovery and place it in pc.
4. Download SP Flash tools (here or here) and Start it and load this
MT6582_Android_scatter.txt in it.
5. Click on ‘recovery’ in SP Flash.tools and select the downloaded CTR v2.2 Recovery.
6. Click Download in SP flash tools, remove the battery from phone and connect it. A green circle will confirm flashing.
7. Insert battery and press volume up+down+power on, then press volume up to select recovery.
Note:- In CTR recovery you can swipe right to go forward and swipe back to go backward, use it to navigate, save volume buttons.
8. Tap on install from sd card and swipe right on screen to go forward, select SuperSU.zip and say yes to flash.
9. Reboot/Restart, Done.
You will now see a SuperSU app in your app drawer that means you have successfully rooted and flashed a custom recovery on your Micromax Unite 2 A106.