Samsung have finally launched the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 2. But with this news there is another new which will definitely make the Tab 2 owners sad that this was the last major update for the Tab 2. Hey itka not still over! There are many developers which will work for further updates. You can also install the latest official Android 4.2.2 stock rom on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 by our simple guide.
Version: Android 4.2.2
Built date: Jul 29, 2013
Note:- Backup Contacts and SMS also Apps and other data otherwise you will loose them. Charge your device atlest 80%
1. Make sure you have drivers installed otherwise Install USB Drivers for your Galaxy Tab 2 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
3. Extract downloaded Firmware and the Odin file that you downloaded.
4. Power off your tab & Boot the it in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button together until Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
5. Start Odin on your computer in administrator mode
6. Connect the Tab (in download mode) to the computer via USB cable
7. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is
connected successfully you will get Added message
8. Choose the following files in Odin from extracted P3100XXDMG6 firmware folder by using respective
– In PDA select the file named .tar or .md5.
– Click on the Phone checkbox, and choose the file with ‘modem’ in its name (ignore if there is no such file)
– Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with ‘csc’ in its name (ignore if such file is missing)
– Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. (Note: Use the files obtained during extracting in firmware above, otherwise ignore it and proceed)
9. In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes. Also, ensure the Re-Partition checkbox is chosen only if a .pit file was chosen in the earlier step.
10. Hit the START button to start the installation process. You will get PASS message then disconnect your device from computer.
Volla! You Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 will now bootup with latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean installed
Stay connected for more updates.