When Google Jelly Bean 4.2 it came along with some exciting new features and apps like new gallery, better and faster camera app etc. The Gallery app is ipmroved with new interface. The Camera app is totally changed with new auto-focus and settings options etc. But it is now ported to Android 2.3.x Gingerbread, Android 4.0.x ICS and 4.1.x Jelly Bean. This port of camera and the gallery app will only work on the advanced Gingerbread 2.3 firmwares and on all the devices which are rooted on ICS 4.0+ firmwares. So here you’ll know How to install the Jelly Bean Camera and Gallery app on any android phone or tab.
Requirements:- A rooted Android device running on Gingerbread 2.3 and above, A custom recovery installed, 4.2 Camera and Gallery zip file
Note:- Take a Backup or your original Camera and Gallery app. This Android 4.2 Camera and Gallery port might not work on all the devices (worked for us tried and tested) so install it at your Own Risk.
1. Download the 4.2 Camera and Gallery zip file and move it to the root of the SD card.
2. Boot in to custom recovery.
3. Now go to “Cache Partition” and wipe the cache.
4. Go to “Advanced” and wipe the dalvik cache.
5. Go back. Select “Install zip from SD card” and then choose the downloaded 4.2 Camera and Gallery zip file.
6. Now again go to “Advanced” and select the “Fix Permissions” option.
7. Now simply reboot your device.
The only bug is in Camera app, Photosphere is not yet working.
Stay connected for more updates.